Hello February, and welcome to Week 5 of #MindRightMonday. If you’ve been following my goal journey for the past few weeks, then you know that I started participating in my first link up hosted by three talented bloggers and my fellow BLM Girls – Darrica from Dear Darrica, Dani from Ok, Dani and Danielle from Mamademics. Every week, I get better at holding myself accountable and reaching more goals professionally, personally, and spiritually.
This past week, I managed to accomplish the majority of my goals. I made it a point to be more realistic about my goals because I knew that I had a busy weekend celebrating my sorority sister’s 30th birthday. It felt good to be able to turn off writing and work mode to focus on myself and have a relaxing time on Lake Wylie. I turned it all back on last night to wrap up my weekend and get my mind right for another week!
So let’s get to it—
Last week’s goals were:
- Wake up at least 30 minutes earlier to each breakfast, pray and read/write before getting ready for work – Moving on, but I am waking up earlier. I have to work on leaving enough time to eat breakfast and pray and read before getting ready for work.
- Write in my grateful journal once – I wrote last night. I was thinking about everything that I was grateful for all weekend. I couldn’t wait to put my pen on the paper and write it all down.
- Write 2 blog posts – Check mate!
- Write at least 1,500 words in Chapter 11 by the end of the week – I wrote 760 words on Chapter 11 by the end of the week.
- Plan/Schedule social media posts for Always PHREA – Check mate!
- Schedule interview with potential PHREAdom Leader – I didn’t do this, and it’s okay.
- Create ideas for 30 Acts of Starkey – OMG YES! I’m not finished, but the 30 Acts of Starkey begins on Valentine’s Day so I can’t wait to share with everyone. I hope some of my PHREAdom Followers will join in on the festivities.
This week’s goals are:
- Wake up at least 30 minutes earlier to eat breakfast, pray and read/write before getting ready for work
- Write twice in my grateful journal
- Read one chapter in both Don’t Waste Your Pretty by Demetria Lucas and Sticky Faith by Dr. Kara Powell & Dr. Chap Clark
- Schedule time to begin planning for nursery lessons at church
- Write at least 1,500 words in Chapter 11
- Plan/Schedule social media posts for Always PHREA
- Create ideas for 30 Acts of Starkey
What I’m grateful for:
- Ladies of Virtue
- Sanctuary Charlotte Church
- Seven Degrees of Sigma
- BLM Girls
- My Career
- My sorority sisters
What are your goals for the week? How has tracking your goals helped you become more accountable?