“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
– Martin Luther King, Jr. from www.brainyquote.com
Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! This is my second week participating in the #MindRightMonday link up group hosted by three of my BLM Girls, Darrica from Dear Darrica, Dani from Ok, Dani and Danielle from Mamademics. This past week was extremely busy with work and life. I did manage to accomplish the majority of my goals from the past week.
Last week’s goals were:
- Blog 3 Times – I did it! I did it! (Inserts “Happy” dance here)
- Finish writing Chapter 10 of my first novel – I am not quite finished with Chapter 10. I was spending time writing all week. I am very close to the end. Hopefully, it will be completed by today since I have a day off, yet a day on.
- Begin reading Rainbow in the Cloud: The Wisdom and Spirit of Maya Angelou & Don’t Waste Your Pretty by Demetria Lucas D’Oyley – I started reading Don’t Waste Your Pretty, but I haven’t started Rainbow in the Cloud yet.
- Plan social media posts for Always PHREA – I only planned one social media. I need to be more specific about this goal.
- Gain at least 5 new “likes” on Facebook page – I gained one new “like” on my Facebook page. I need to focus more on social media promotions.
- Clean Up & Wash Clothes – Well…my clothes are washed and some are folded. To be continued….
This week’s goals are:
- Designate time for Crystal (I didn’t realize how much I needed it until Friday. I can’t forget about taking care of me.)
- Wake up an hour earlier to eat breakfast, pray and read before getting ready for work
- Write in my grateful journal at least 2 a week
- Write 3 blog posts
- Finish Chapter 10 & Start Chapter 11 (I’m so close. I can smell it!)
- Begin reading Rainbow in the Cloud by Maya Angelou
- Plan social media posts for Always PHREA
- Schedule interview with potential PHREAdom Leader
- Drink more water
What I’m grateful for:
- The ability to express myself
- Shaq – My little cousin was killed last month. He had such a bright and hilarious personality. His energy lives through my family. His favorite football team, the Patriots, won their conference title last night! Go Patriots!
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. – His fight for peace and desegregation was instrumental to my life. I am forever grateful for his and my ancestors fight for my generation.
- Seven Degrees of Sigma
- BLM Girls
- My Career
What are your goals for the week? What are you grateful for this week? Share them with me.